Friday, September 07, 2007

Presidential Hopeful....


I will keep this short story, well, short.

I had just landed at Chicago’s Executive Airport and I was helping unload our passengers and get them into the FBO.

I was walking our lady client to the door, and, being the gentleman that I am, held the door open for her. As she passed through, I noticed a large group of people also coming in from the ramp having just disembarked a $43 million Gulfstream jet.

I decided to continue to hold the door for the group. As they approached, I noticed the man at the head of the pack, and he looked awfully familiar from twenty feet away. I did the not-so-subtle stare and as he was about ten feet away, it clicked. It was presidential hopeful, Rudy Giuliani!

As he approached, I gave him “the nod” and casually asked, “Hey, how’s it going?”

RG - “Not too bad. Thanks for the door.”

Me - “Have a good one.”

RG - “You too.”

And through the door he went, carrying with him the hopes of getting a really crappy job!

4 comments:

Jim and Jolene said...

You're our hero, Kenny!

By the way...what's the FBO?

David, Jamie and Jeffrey said...

Your a stud, Kenny! Rudy should hire you as his personal door man. You could be the new face of his campaign . "Holding the door open to a great future with a smile".

Danny and Tonita said...

WOW, David and Jamie you're really creative...maybe he should hire you guys to create slogans! :)

I loved your last line kenny,...to get a really crappy job!

Sounds like fun see you in CA soon!

Jeremy Lowe said...

Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs. P. J. O’Rouke