Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Week 12


From Baby Center:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. (after we read this, I started to poke both sides of my belly and laughed that the baby didn't know which way to move. Kenny didn't think it was very funny!)

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Note from Jen:

Feeling pretty good. I am hesitant to say that I am over the first trimester woes (you know what happened last time!), but overall I feel so much better.

The only weird thing this week was that I have been totally grossed out by the smell of spaghetti. We went to Phillipi's Pizza Grotto, which is normally amazing, but I really was not liking any of the food and every time we heated up leftovers, the smell was not pleasant in the least. No big deal, just weird.

Tomorrow is Christmas and already the baby has been getting more presents than me or Kenny :) I can't wait to see what else he/she gets... I'll have to post pictures this weekend cause everything is so cute!

So much more to post, but in the interest of Christmas and love to my fellow men and women, I will keep this short :) I'll just leave you with my week 12 picture we took last night...

1 comment:

Jim and Jolene said...

Sooo cute!
Love you three!