Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm in a hurry...

I am checking out of the hotel on the way back to the plane. I had just eaten lunch and wanted to brush my teeth, but my toothbrush was already packed away.

Fortunately, the fine Hilton establishment at which I was staying had provided several bathroom amenities: shampoo, conditioner, soap and mouthwash. Perfect!

I grab the light blue bottle, flip the top open and down the hatch.

Funny thing, it actually crossed my mind (in the half second delay between the bath gel departing the bottle and arriving at my tongue) that something was off; did they add a protective seal to the mouthwash bottles? I had often thought that they should, being that you put some random liquid into your mouth, unlike simply rubbing shampoo in your hair.

Anyways, somewhere between that thought and the gel contacting my tongue I realized my folly. Being in a hotel room left me with little options in trying to get the bath gel from my now foaming mouth. I was forced to use Oakland tap water to flush my poor little tongue clean - a daunting task indeed.

I managed to find a small bag of peanuts in my flight bag to semi-eradicate the soapy flavor from my palate.

All in a day's work.

No comments: