Monday, June 25, 2007

Psalm 8


Last night my wonderful, beautiful sister called me and told me that there was supposed to be a really bright and shining satellite in the sky at 9:10pm. So, I ran outside, still in my pj's, to see if I could spot the fabled satellite and there it was! With Jamie still on the phone, I was able to guide her to the satellite... "look at the moon... it is to the right of the moon, by those two stars..." "I see it!" It just struck me as amazing how we could both be hundreds of miles apart and still feel like we were standing right next to each other as we looked at the exact same moon & stars.

~*~

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! ...When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" Psalm 8

1 comment:

Danny and Tonita said...

:) Love you!